Monday 17 October 2011

Winding down

Well this hasn't been a day of great delights (well, not so far anyhow!) but it's been a day of plodding on literally and metaphorically. Yes, Lynn I made it back up the hill on foot which doesn't happen often these days...so I'm grateful for that. I had no shopping to carry and that always helps! I also had almost an hour sitting/lying down at the doctors while he carried out a thorough review/check up/discussion of health options and aims. I've been registered there almost four years and have never had that though I was very hale and hearty when I joined and there wouldn't have been much to review. It felt so good to have someone paying real attention to the co-ordination of my well being though...and doing it without being asked (even once) was pretty much unique in my whole life ever! Much gratitude for that...

I also give thanks for the wooshy windy weather and sharing an astonished chuckle with a couple at the fruit and veg shop as it caught the end of a roll of plastic bags and tried to unwind it down the street and for running into the lovely lady from Specsavers I always have a laugh with. For a warm chocolate brownie and cappuccino that also helped me get back up the hill with its sugar rush and caffeine hit. I give thanks for going straight back to bed when I got home and then getting up for a brief spell of filler magic and a first coat on a little bit of elsewhere of the beginnings of paint disguise. I give thanks for having nothing I HAVE to do after I've hit publish post!

1 comment:

  1. Well Angel, it looks like one of your good doctors has found the humane side (as in tender and sympathetic) to medicine at last! You certainly seem to have been devoid of that sort of caring from the medical profession for some time. So lets hope that when the results are in from your MRI this positive approach continues and brings you all the help you need to improve your quality of life.

    I’ve often had a chuckle when someones hat blows off in the wind, that's a bit naughty I know, but then big brims & wind do not mix, and only an idiot
    would have tried in the first place. One of my favourite summer occupations is people watching, sitting somewhere off the path with a book, a picnic or an apple or two, there they go, lovers, loners, mum and dad with bickering offspring. A bickering mum and dad, he’s carrying very little and she’s lugging two folding chairs, and the teenagers are carrying nothing but their own towels........
    Yesterday being Sunday, I did watch the rugby, cheered when the All Blacks won and eventually emulsioned two ceilings, the bathroom and the inner hall, that's a couple of jobs that have been waiting the ‘dreckly’ treatment for ages.
    Best wishes and big gentle hugs Angel Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics