Sunday 2 October 2011

Without walls

Didn't actually have my shorts on my body this morning Stef...only the ironing board! Good to hear from you anyway. Finally dressed by early afternoon but this was fine as the low slung sun this time of year doesn't clear the tops of the taller trees that surround the gardens til then, and the more boisterous residents had packed away their electrical appliances and noisy dogs and gone to enjoy the lovely weather elsewhere. I was able to relax peacefully with my book, just exchanging greetings with a couple of peaceful others briefly passing through. I give thanks once again for having a share in a small piece of private park. It was the views over it to the sea that I first fell in love with here but having both is rather luxurious for a rather poor person living alone! I give thanks once again also to John and Jo for helping me get out and about yesterday so home doesn't feel like a rather luxurious prison today...

This evening I'm grateful I've been managing a few chores, domestic and diy. I know a lot of people who are decorating at the moment but I bet I win the prize for the slowest! I'm grateful I found an accessible container and room for some of the books from the bookcase under my bed. It's going to have to be all cleared and moved soon as I've been stripping wallpaper and so on each side of it so far to reduce the time the books and bookcase have to be elsewhere. Though perfectly formed in many ways my flat does lack a spare room which would be handy at a time like this. It did have one to be fair before I knocked a wall down...but the wall that had been put up to create one left a tiny kitchen with no window. I know technically a two bed flat is worth more than a one bed...but not a two bed one like that!

I'm grateful that some of the people on the ex-pat Come Dine with Me have moved to Marbella and that I'm unlikely to ever meet them. Mind you I think some of them might consider coming back after meeting each other! I give thanks to Lynn for her message and kind thoughts, to Pat for her suggestion and Dan O for saying he missed my wonderful cynicism and for JB for remembering the blue creatures in the rock pool. Oh and I'm grateful I still have a chapter or two left of Down Under to read before I have to find something else to follow...

3 comments:

  1. Hello again, sorry not been in touch...after my chemo a week last Friday I had the worst case of diarrohea in my life which had me laid in bed for 3 days not eating or drinking! All okay now though and back in the saddle. I love the photos of the beach etc...snapshots in time. Catch up soon.

    Much Love

    T xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Angel looks like we are going to be windswept with rain before too long, so those shorts ought to get a wearing today if you can muster the energy for surfing a sunbed in the garden. The workers should be absent and lets hope that mad DIY chap with power tools is one of them. I love company and the sound of children's laughter as long as I can control the off switch! And as for my visit to Devon, your in control of the yes/no switch, if your up to it when the time comes: will not be offended my fragile friend.
    Patxxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics