Friday 21 October 2011

Little and rarely

Just woken up from my evening nap. This is not to be confused with my lunchtime one
which I took after putting a coat of eggshell on a couple of metres of architrave. I actually went back to bed for that one as it seemed a better idea than sitting in a chilly room with windows open waiting for paint to dry! Well...it had been a busy morning - I'd done the washing up as well! This afternoon I put the clean dishes and pans away, reheated and ate some of the food I'd made for my evening meal yesterday but hadn't even tasted, sewed one strip of ribbon across one curtain and settled down for rest number two on the sofa. I plan to stay awake now til bed time in, ooh I don't know, about 30 mins from now? Seems reasonable to me!

I give thanks for having the opportunity to sleep when sleep's required...and the tranquillity of mind. I've always been such a busy active person I'm astonished how easily I'm slipping into couch potato status these days. I give thanks for each of the two little bits of room makeover progress I managed to get done and for the delicious food I made and ate... for the glow of turning leaves against a lead grey sky. And for glimpses on the BBC website from a new book of photographs of dry stone walls around the world...there's a few on Amazon too but the book itself's not out yet. I am deeply tempted to pre order despite the price. Dry stone walls are one of my favourite things...ever...and these are very good photographs by the look of it. I was making little involuntary mmms of delight out loud at the images! If I'm going to spend so much of my time going nowhere now maybe I should treat myself to some picture books...one on Gaudi's work would be good too. Hmm...we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angel,
    If I knew where you lived i'd buy the book and send it to you!!!.....honestly, just buy it, you deserve it, sod the price :)))
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics