Wednesday 12 October 2011

It's all in the head...

Evenin' all. Hope you've all had a fine and dandy day. Whose turn is it to cook supper? It can't be me again for goodness sake!

I'm sorry if my link about the effects of alcohol offended anyone...especially any coffee drinkers out there. I think the writer was making a very interesting point about how drinking alcohol is presented but we all have different ones I know! There certainly are loads of comments added to the article now, most of them very cross about something or other which I'm afraid I find quite amusing as it's clearly a very sensitive subject!

Anyway, perhaps as a penance for my abstemious lifestyle and deviant sense of humour, I've had a headache most of the day and am getting quite bored with it now. In between naps and typing I've got a few more bits and bobs done including knocking over a tub of wallpaper soaking water (soaking the bookcase which has no wallpaper on it), dropping a painty stirring stick on the rug by the sink and inexpertly piling up a pile of washing up so that mucky stuff in soaking saucepans fell on the same mat... Well, I'm grateful I hadn't washed it or changed it for a clean one!

I'm grateful that a parcel arrived at the communal door and was taken in and put on the hall table and hasn't been stolen or molested. This is a treat! I'm grateful I went out to the bins in the late afternoon and felt autumn in the air. I'm grateful for seeing the smudge of orange under the grey clouds on the western horizon when I went in the kitchen just now. And I'm Oh so thankful that I just twigged I don't actually need to make dinner. I can just have easy nibbles - a samosa, an avocado, an apple and some nuts, the last of the stewed rhubarb in a crumble with cream. Mmmm. Feel much better now I've overcome that cultural perception! Ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics