Friday 14 October 2011

Consider the lilies

Thank you as ever for kind words about my words. The best words, like all the best things are acts of channelling creation, inspired not perspired over...though sometimes they need a little toil, a little spin. Have so many things spinning in my head right now. From my son's creativity...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tKizOPNgRY&feature=channel_video_title&noredirect=1

(I'm so glad he didn't feel the need to get a proper job when he can make things do this. I'm so glad I made someone who makes people happy!)

...to Walter Scott's poem 'Lucy Ashton's Song' - a favourite for many years...which always sounds a bit Buddhist to me... Non attachment and all that!

Look not thou on beauty's charming;
Sit thou still when kings are arming;
Taste not when the wine-cup glistens;
Speak not when the people listens;
Stop thine ear against the singer;
From the red gold keep thy finger;
Vacant heart and hand and eye,
Easy live and quiet die

The link and the poem and the title of the post are related in a way, well in my way anyway ha ha!

I'm feeling very rough this morning. A lie down in a darkened room probably the best thing for the symptoms but have been applying my usual alternative treatment (sorry, Sockpuppet!) of getting up and doing chores to take my mind off them. One thing's for certain...looking at screens doesn't help at all so off to shower and clean the bath instead. I give thanks for all of the above...except for the nausea...I'm 'sick' of that, but it still makes me chuckle saying so! Have a happy day folks!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you mean complimentary dear NOT alternative...you know 'alternative' is BAD word hahahahhahahaha...(manic obsessive laughter) :)

    Hope the nausea eases off and you feel a little better as the day goes on Angel
    ((hugs)) xxXxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried unsuccessfully to get into your sons work must study all the dots and dashes and try again, probably not google, or I've missed a /_. = somewhere. Have you tried Three ginger tea Angel, its quite good for nausea.
    Best wishes for Sunday Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics