Saturday 22 October 2011

Wave to me

I did it...I went out! The sun was still shining then but the wind was strengthening. The tide had just turned and the waves were hitting the sea wall with plumes of spray...and then they bounced back and hit the waves behind with another explosion of foam. Lots of people taking pictures, some very seriously others just snapping with big grins like me. I thought after doh...I could have captured this in motion!



Never mind...I’m sure you get the idea...

It wasn't the most spectacular I've ever seen it - sometimes it's not just walkers on the sea wall that get wet but passengers on trains if the windows are left open - but still impressive for a quite a sunny and mild afternoon. And then it began to get dramatically dark...


I love this image with the sun's rays and haze of spray. When I was little we had a children's Bible with black and white drawings and slanting rays of light through cloud onto sea always remind me of the illustration for the spirit of God moving upon the waters.


Very grateful I managed to get out and see it and take my mind off the bits that hurt and the bits that don't work...and also that I worked up, well, not exactly an appetite but a willingness to eat. I give thanks that I washed up too, and cleaned up a bit in the kitchen so I could see the surfaces of the work surfaces again. Resting on the sofa afterwards I watched highlights from last year's Great British Bake Off. I loved the marquee kitchen they moved around the country with the different coloured work stations and vintage styled appliances. Gratitude for being reminded of that and for finding out how well some of the contestants have done. Anyway...it seems to have taken me about a year and a half to write this and put the images in so finally I give thanks that I'm finally stopping now! Hope you're all doing OK

2 comments:

  1. Well Angel, as a passenger on the train from Penzance to Southampton, that leaves Redruth with only 2 carriages @ about 8:10am Mon to Fri, I can honestly say I love that part of the coastline, and it's the best scenery of my entire journey.
    Have also spent an enjoyable time on Dawlish beach with my daughter, grand-daughter and dog when driving back from Dorset, and everybody getting so bored I diverted to Dawlish to cheer everyone up! Quite looking forward to visiting in and around that area again soon.
    Have been a bit preoccupied of late and not commented much over the last week, but have been reading you my friend. Jackholly has posted me a friend request and I have accepted, but he makes cougars facial fur all wet and the back of a furry paw all soggy with saline tears. As a more or less loner, I can feel his mental pain and I just want to be hugged & hugged & hugged. This man is the same age as my son, who has a daughter of 6months I have never hugged or seen in the flesh, they have taken her to France to her other grandparents but not to see me, and I am facing repeat surgery...... life's a total bitch at times isn't it. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures.... you are very good at getting the whole picture if you know what i mean, thank you for showing them, i am down the caravan but didnt go to look at the sea at Dungeness today, i felt too cold.
    Hope you are wrapped up warm and are having a good night, sleep well.
    Love Deb.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics