Wednesday 5 October 2011

Layers

Wow! Listen to the rain...I thought I'd left a tap running somewhere! The wind isn't quite howling but rumbling and groaning and hissing and whistling. Lovely jubbly...more meteorological phenomena to enjoy!

This evening I give thanks to Laura for doing a bit of woodwork painting for me...the window frame and a bit of picture rail in the living room band and also one side of two doors. I give thanks to Rachel for the effects of her acupuncture which has given me a bit more energy than I've had for a while...and to me for using it to do a bit more prep in the living room. I've stripped a bit more old paint off the picture rail which is a lot easier than it sounds if you get the scraper knife between the right layers. Thank you to whoever prepped the lower layer so badly in the past that this is possible, ha ha!

I'm thankful to the ebay seller who had a big reel of just the right sort of ribbon to trim my new curtains on offer at a reasonable price and who wrapped it up and sent it straight away so that it was here next day!

I'm thankful that there's nothing at first glance that appeals on scheduled TV so I can catch up on lots of QI, Coach Trip and Come Dine with Me I've recorded...until I fall asleep that is!

And I'm grateful to Mr Kipling for baking exceedingly good cakes...Ha ha, only joking, I'd almost rather eat the boxes! I AM grateful to whoever it was who lived in Eccles and thought of wrapping currants and sugar in buttery puff pastry...and I shall prove it after I've had my tea which is ready, so very soon now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics