Friday 28 October 2011

Meant to be

Brrr! Going to be a nippy night I reckon but wasn't it a glorious day? I give thanks for a drive out in the sunny autumn countryside, a few miles' hike on the coast path and a delicious lunch in a pub with a splendid view. I give thanks for these even though they didn't actually happen to me, well not today anyhow! They were things I would have enjoyed when I was well and even more so with a like minded soul but hey ho...imagination's a wonderful thing! I give gratitude for all the happy scenarios it still conjures up for me...

I give thanks for sewing a little more of my curtains. It's getting to the time of year when drawing them closed of an evening would feel cosy so I must press on but want other things finished too so I did a bit of work on the skirting board too. I give thanks for the tasty coleslaw I made for my tea. I haven't made coleslaw for years but I had a real yen for some yesterday and there was a little hunk of white cabbage waiting in the veg shop so I knew it was meant to be! I give thanks for paracetamol, a snuggly throw and an old episode of CSI which is all I'm fit for now.

2 comments:

  1. **/?x## and **/?x## again. Will have to write somewhere else and paste, internet keeps going to off-line mode!!!
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Afternoon Angel,
    Dull, windy and very nippy, mind you am sitting here in my nightwear and it is past midday! Lazy moo arose after 10am, cat feeding first order of the day, mother comes last. Well the computer is a real pain, the number of times I lost the internet yesterday, the mouse froze & I had to reboot 5 times. Back to reason I am here. Any one put cabbage/greens/roots (except potatoes) in front of me, they were in for a hard time for many years; mothers cooking and school dinners were the cause of my very fussy eating. Cabbage in coleslaw, bought some on Thursday, raw spinach, love it, broccoli in stir fry only. Cauliflower & cooked cabbage, still yuk! Angel, your cyber friend Pat would make a very poor vegetarian.
    Hope you have a good day, the tasks you set yourself my girl are oft more than I get done. Take care with any curtain hanging plans, and picture rail diy. Pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics