Tuesday 11 October 2011

Holiest of holies

Hi guys, just some quick thoughts as I don't want to lose that post acupuncture glow fighting with a keyboard! (My typing is getting really illegible now) Anyway, Yes Pat and Lynn...it worked...thanks for your comments. Juanita, haven't heard from you in a while - hope you're doing OK.

I give thanks this evening for having one of my favourite community nurses visit once again. Three weeks ago he told me he was leaving later this month and we said our goodbyes as I'm not often on his list...and he's been rota'ed to attend to me twice more since then. Such a joy to have your medical needs attended to by someone who fulfils your conversational ones too!

I give thanks for another very helpful acupuncture session with the lovely and skillful Rachel. For two hugs and some Verve (which is a kind of wool as well as a band and a vigorous feeling!). For remembering why the name Tiggs is familiar - we have a clothing/homewear shop called that here! And for the lady in Tibbs (that's a fruit and veg shop round the corner - honestly, I'm not making this up!) looking in the back for a fresher yellow pepper for me though the ones she had out were quite usable just not crispy fresh. She sells them by weight so it was 30p!

And lastly for tackling the holiest of holies when I got home. This is the bit of wall behind formerly behind the big bookcase that has only just had the paper removed. I have never in my life seen so many little holes in such a small area of plaster. Many of these filler knife swipes are covering groups of two, three, four or more! Do you think someone shot at the wall with some kind of pellet gun or were they just very fussy deciding where to hang the pictures? Bear in mind the holes were under even the oldest paper which had been there a pretty long time. Who knows? Never mind...all filled up now. Now to fill up my tum with dinner!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angel, could be the place where the dartboard used to hang, there is a definite circle of dense filling spots which reduce in number as they fan outwards; could be a picture of the first full torso surgical shave done by a very nervous nurse. But then I have seen something similar on the face of a male teenager who put a razor to his face for the first time!
    Take some advice Angel from an old know it all, that is going to cause quite a bit of dust when you sand it smooth, wear a mask, else you will be coughing fit to bust. Your kitchen looks good, nice to have a window to look through, makes washing up that bit more exciting, only a ‘velux’ window in mine and that's not at all interesting, so one is not encouraged to loiter over the kitchen chores.
    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, thank you I am doing ok. What a beautiful transformation you have made to your home. A lot of work! I am getting through two weeks of school holidays currently, off to the city today. I will email you this evening and catch up. Take care and stop working miss! Juanita x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics