Friday 28 October 2011

Enlightened


This is the dawning of the day of Aquarius (my birthday's in February, I can say stuff like that!). I only really see dawns in winter, in summer a) they happen in what my body tells me is the middle of the night and b) they happen out of sight of my bedroom window unless I lean out at a very dangerous angle. I've never lived anywhere where the shortening and lengthening of the days is demonstrated as clearly as checking the time on a clock...well without actually looking at a clock. It was the price and the sight of the sea that made me want to buy the place but I'd have forked out another grand or two for the combination of orientation and elevation with the lie of the land if someone had pointed it out to me. I hope it's an enlightened estate agent sells this place next time around!

I give thanks for all of the above and below! For sensing from the quality of light in my curtain closed room that it would be worth heaving myself semi upright to look outside. For then being so entranced that I actually moved around to find a camera and open the window as wide as it would go. I love the feel of the air at that time of day and the sounds of the birds and the world waking up. I give thanks that as a result I'm up and dressed and attending to business before the day's in double figures...and now I'd better attend to some more before the shock hits my system and I have to have a morning nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics