Saturday 25 June 2011

Branching out

I hope you all had a lovely day enjoying this lovely weather! I took the rubbish down to the bins and even though the weather forecasts had told us how warm it would be it was still amazing having the wind feel like a hair dryer blowing on your skin instead of like opening the freezer door. If I had a garden I'd have sat in it, if I had a chauffeur I'd have sat in the passenger seat! Instead I watched the tree outside my window blowing about, the branches bent right over and the wanton leaves showing their undersides...

Rearranged the Tree of Life backing fabric on the frame so I could work on the branches rather than the roots, and did some knitting of the stripey strip that will be part of my 'iconic' Oxfam blanket. Hard to get comfy, think I'm going to have to see a doctor soon so hard to keep cheerful too since I can't think of anything they will say that doesn't involve the dreaded H word even just for 'tests'. I've tested it, it doesn't work ha ha!

Watched tennis of course...Great intro to the day's play from a rather dishevelled Andrew Castle. Looked as if he'd been up all night, bless him, and Greg's back commentating too so feeble though it may sound that's going to have to be number three.

And number four will be the Kate Atkinson Case Histories adaptation. It's so good...loved the stories anyway but this has bean realised and characterised so well and has beautiful glimpses of Edinburgh and Scottish/Northern England scenery too! Watched the last but one part so only the last one to go. Maybe I should watch something not so good first and save that a little while...

And number five is that I found a jigsaw in the communal paper recycling wheely bin! I fished it out when I went to put some magazines in knowing the bin men will just leave the whole thing behind if they find anything made of cardboard where it shouldn't be. And I was just about to hurl it into a general refuse wheely bin nearby when I realised it was brand new and unopened and perfectly clean and rattling as if all its pieces were inside. It's not the sort that appeals to me (I have one or two that do awaiting my attention) but fine for a charity shop donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics