Friday 17 June 2011

New life in my hands

I've just had such a lovely evening with Laura, Dot, Abi, Dylan, Aril, Jo, Tilly and Chumba. More beings than I've shared an enclosed space with for many a moon! Some of them were covered in fur and let me stroke them, one was tiny enough to lie in my arms and fall asleep. I cried. Ever since I knew that I had cancer I've wanted to hold a baby. I'm not a traditionally maternal type... I don't have an urge to dote on other people's infants as a rule. This was to do with something quite different from that, about remembering and reconnecting with the beginning of life as I move towards the end. Wonderful, I feel so blessed...

So, number 4 feelgood factor for today...meeting and spending good times with new people who fed me (spinach and feta pie - yum yum!) and nurtured me and made me feel I had something to offer too.

And numbers 5 to 93...holding sweet little Aril!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is so true, i wish that i could be alive to see my 3 children have babies of their own... sadly this will never be now that i have stage 4 lung cancer... Love Debbie. x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics