Friday 17 June 2011

The long dark night of the insomniac

Another night finding it hard to get/stay comfortable and sleep. The beautiful big moon contributing just now but lately beginning to feel more often like an ill person than ever before. Of course it could merely be some bug or whatever bugging me, with cancer it's so easy to worry everything that feels not right in the body is IT. 3 am is a fretful time for anyone to be awake who does not want to be, and fretting about not wanting to be is enough to keep you awake! I wrote a little poem about it a few years back...let's see if I can remember it...

In the noisome silence of the night
I toss and turn another page
Conscious that to close my eyes
Will raise the lid on darkness


Think that's how it went anyway, 'tis certainly how it goes ha ha!

1 comment:

Web Statistics