Thursday 30 June 2011

Seeing stars

Fell asleep on the sofa again...what a slacker I'm becoming! Woke up and got up and when I went to draw my bedroom curtains I could see some twinkly stars. Felt for moment as if I could remember all the starry skies I'd ever marvelled at, all the katy-cornered moons and constellations in foreign lands, ethereal full moonlight shimmering on frost in Wales, and a night at a hotel high in the Atlas mountains when I got up to go to the outside loo and was dizzy with wonderment to see the myriad of tiny lights we civilisation dwellers forget are there

If you can remember an editors as intensely as I can that, it doesn't matter if was long ago and far away and never coming back, because it's always with you anyway.

So that is my final 'thank you' for today even tho it's slipped into tomorrow while I've been writing it...

1 comment:

  1. Lovely memory..... they will always be there for you.
    Debbie.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics