Thursday 23 June 2011

Home thoughts from a bed

Woke up this morning and nothing hurt not even my heart or mind...I was comfortable all over!

I'd even had enjoyable dreams...in one part someone was showing me round interesting excavations of a castle and Roman walls. In another an old friend who apparently had a double life as a Spanish celebrity visited and bought us all T shirts before going off to his commitments. Then I was moving into a shared house with some more friends...dream friends not real ones if you know what I mean. There were some dead plants hung up in the kitchen and outside the front door and I potted up some cuttings of new plants and was working out how much string and how many beads I'd need to make macrame hangers and where to buy these things locally. There were some bits of furniture and we were moving them around to fit better. I said I had a six seater modern wood table that would go nicely in the kitchen diner and when they asked if it had chairs to go with it I couldn't visualise them...and then realised I didn't have the table either!

Sometimes when I have happy dreams they make me sad when I wake up and realise they're not true. I used to have wonderful dreams sometimes that I was completely totally unconditionally loved and I'd wake up, burst into tears and be in a miserable mood all day. I think you can't really miss what you've never really known but I also believe on another level that we've all known/know/will know everything anyway.

I tried to express this in a poem a couple of weeks back but it's hard not to sound a bit...can't think of a suitable word...imagine me pulling a horrid face and gesturing putting fingers down my throat! Sickly, mawkish, up oneself? This risk not withstanding here is 'wot I wrote' (something impossible for the over fifties to say without putting on an Ernie Wise accent!)

In other lifetimes I've been loved, I have not walked alone
There have been hands and hearts to hold, and arms to bear me home
The tears I shed in longing now, the sense of loss and pain
Are just my soul remembering that bliss awaits again


Now I'm off to see if I can do all the things I need to before I'm ready to go out and still feel up to actually going out when I've done so...

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you had a wonderful nights sleep and such varied dreams.... the first bit of your dream could have been teleported form me !!! very strange..
    On Saturday just gone i was really fed up, i wanted to go out somewhere, anywhjere really just out.
    I drove my husband and myself for a few miles out into the countryside and we visited Lullingstone Roman Villa, i have never been before and it was great i made my husband sign up along with myself for the English heritige for 15 months, i didnt mention only having a short while to live... i didnt want to spoil the excitment of the day, we can now use our card to visit lots more places too.I am on cruthes but can hop about quite well and fast if i have to.
    I take morphine twice a day and this seems to keep me able to do most things at the moment.

    Then because i was out i didnt want to go hame so drove a mile up this little track to Lullingstone Castle and had a look around there too.
    The owner is so eccentric but lovely his name is Guy Hart Dyke and he shows you round his castle himself.
    Then looked around the grounds, they have their own church and a World Garden that the son has made collecting plants from all over the World, it was on the telly... He was kidnapped for a couple of years but managed to escape by throwing himself down a mountain. His name is Tom Hart Dyke, he was out doing the garden himself.
    I hated it when i was first dx as i was in a wheelchair and didnt want to leave the house but know i am on this trial tablet BIBW 2992 i seem to have a bit of a reprive.
    Any way i hope that you have a lovely day, LOve Debbie.

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics