Wednesday 8 June 2011

evening... reasons to be cheerful?

19.55pm...Heavens how tired can a person be? I didn't budget time and energy-wise for the hour long bus journey each way. But it was worth it to see my ex's 91 yr old less than 5 stone mother in hospital before her operation tomorrow. Worth the garrulous and repetitive drunk at the bus stop and delays at the roadworks...

Worried I might not recognise her but I came round the corner of the ward and saw her (several years deceased) husband's photo on a bed table and there she was! All alone so no awkward conversations but also no lift home which I'd been expecting. I'd been so sure I'd taken a bag to put the books in he borrowed last time I saw him back in March! Duh!

The buses are supposed to run every twenty mins but the one into town was so late that two later ones overtook it as it picked up long queues of people at every stop (Hey, the apochryphal three at once!)Then as we neared a turn off to a village the driver went round the bus upstairs and down checking no one wanted to get off there and, satisfied, missed that part of the route as the other ones would have already been a few minutes earlier and we had a bit of time to catch up...


Window seat on top deck...beautiful, beautiful scenery. Aren't poppies brilliant in all senses of the word? They're growing in the imperceptible gap between the pavement and the wall down the road as well. Big red ones...not the pink frilly opium sort or the little yellow welsh...

1) Poppies!
2) Talking to Audrey
3) Being part of the three bus thing in real life
4) Being on the rebel bus that skipped a place
5) That I had a readymeal in the freezer for tea!
6) I got the date thing sorted woohoo!

Angelinthemaking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics