Saturday 18 June 2011

Watch this space #2: Laying down roots


So...where was I? Oh yes... I remember 1) Pleased about solving a word game appropriately 2) pleased that my new penfriend seems someone I’m OK with writing to...

3) Watched a brilliant BBC4 doc about the history of British outdoor music festivals. Vintage footage of various musicians and mostly happy fans from jazz ones at Beaulieu in the fifties onwards. Stirred the old rebel spirit in me and brought back happy memories of my various incarnations in just this life time ha ha! It’s the folk festival weekend here funnily enough. Can hear some punky rather than folky sounds wafting up from the town...

Above programme much too enthralling to get on with above project though so knitted a few rows of a strip that will eventually become part of a blanket for Oxfam.

4) Later found the Camille, the chameleon GELF, episode of Red Dwarf on Dave. Like an old friend popping in. So stitched a little with that in the background...chuckling and musing on the inherent philosophical bent in such anarchic comedy.

and 5) Am alive and able to do all these things.

1 comment:

  1. Love Crochet, i can see you are making a tree i saw the leaves on a later post, really look good, i have just brought a book on crochet flowers and i am going to have a go at making them.... You might see my postings as paper roses i had a blog a couple of years ago but when i got my illness i was to unhappy to carry it on.
    Shame really... i am really loving your blog though, keep up the good work, love Debbie.x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics