Tuesday 21 June 2011

The numbers game

The nurse came for my maintenance today and had a second year student accompanying her who requested a domestic tour on the grounds my flat is decorated and furnished so beautifully and artistically. Readers who have been here will be glancing up at the address bar now to check they’re in the right blog ha ha! I guess the community team see a variety of living styles but she’s not the first to rave about mine so I’ll make that (1)

I felt quite energised after my acupuncture session (I have to write this so Rachel knows as I’ll have forgotten by next Tuesday!) Did some light l shopping in town and walked back the scenic route, along the seafront and up the road to the public viewing platform where the view is rather splendid funnily enough! Today the tide was quite far out exposing the little rocks off shore and with low waves and scattered white horses...beautiful...(2). And then I walked a bit further up the road to the edge of the park where you do have to walk down again before walking reaching the road up to where I live but it’s worth it as the path is pretty under the trees. What was noticeable about this minor adventure was the speed at which I did it...almost normal walking speed for a normal person. As I used to tear along at an astonishing rate for a not especially tall woman and now creep like an invalid awaiting her carriage this was rather exhilarating (3) I expect the wind would have been ruffling my hair if it had been long enough yet to ruffle!

Coming up the main road I remembered something that keeps coming into my head the last few weeks since it happened whenever I am there and I keep meaning to add it to a day’s feelgood thoughts when it does. I was walking down the hill and a heard a big bus coming down behind me and turned to see why as it was nowhere near the time you might expect to see a normally timetabled one.

It was an old fashioned double decker...what sort I’m not sure, but with a vintage cream and maroon livery, a partly open air top deck full of some sort of celebratory party and the destination ‘Private Hire’ in the roll up sign in the window. It passed me and as I watched it recede into the distance one of those Sunday road outing clubs came up on the opposite side...of Vespa riders with ranks of wing mirrors and parkas to keep out the cold. For a few seconds, if someone had captured that on a photo it would have been hard to put the correct date so (4) can be this random re-enactment of my 60s youth.

I’ll think up a 5 before bedtime I’m sure...

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling a little better today, well walking better.... your walk sounds lovely, sometimes you dont notice what is around you everyday.
    I have just read your story to my daughter and cried through most of it.
    I wish i lived near to you , i would love to come and make you a cup of tea and a cake.
    Love Debbie.x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics