Wednesday 22 June 2011

Watch this space #2


Thought you might like to see how the wood for the tree is doing ha ha! In between bitching I’ve been stitching today and it’s gradually coming on.

My first gratitude is that I found a ball of this marvellous wool in a charity shop somewhere sometime...I can’t remember clearly. I didn’t know what it was for in the cosmic scheme of things until I started this project. I had a pretty good idea what the leaves would be like right from the start but the ‘pattern’ for the tree didn’t reveal itself for a week or two later...

My second gratitude is that the inspiration came to me at all, after years of thinking Tree of Life representations were cool and that I’d like to do one of some sort myself but never deciding for certain on a version. It came to me in a ladies’ loo upstairs in a craft centre. I’d just been for a springtime woody walk with a friend and we’d looked at the crafts on our way to the cafe and suddenly it went ping in my head...

My third gratitude is for that lovely day...thank you Jared!

My fourth gratitude is for finding a remnant of perfect fabric for the backing in a little shop not far from here..
.
And my fifth is for winning the perfect frame to make the picture on ebay and somehow getting it home!

So with all these sources of happiness you can imagine working on this picture makes me very happy indeed!

1 comment:

  1. Very lovely start to your tree of life.... i think that wool is so pretty, lovely texture.
    I look at a blog on the net called Attic 24 so lovely blog of a lady who chrochets really well and puts her patterns up to copy.
    She has made some lovely flowers and blankets.
    Have a good day.
    Love Debbie. x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics