Thursday 16 June 2011

Never judge a book by the cover...

This is my second example of a trite saying coming true in just a few days...

Bought a couple of second hand books from the box outside the Coastguard’s look out post down the road including ‘The Pilot’s Wife’ by Anita Shreve. Partly because this had an image on the front not too dissimilar from the view from the box - of white railings and the sea below with the odd boat or two - and partly because around here pilots steer ships more often than planes, that’s the kind I thought it meant. Then I read the blurb on the back and it said this wife was used to his work taking him away from home but after one absence she found he had died in a crash...and I still didn’t get it and thought they meant in a car! Only in the next paragraph when I read that his plane had come down in the sea did I begin to get a twinge of doubt...maybe it was the use of the possessive pronoun...



Here is a pictorial representation of this blog...muse, muse, muse, muse...with an underlying framework of food. We have very philosophical cake shops round here you know...



Heartwarming thought for the day #2 memories of a special evening with Bob...

1 comment:

  1. I have read a couple of books by her , though not that one.
    I hope you dont mind me commenting on your posts but i dont like to see them un commented on. Love Debbie.x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics