Thursday 23 June 2011

Cancer patient...life's too short (2)

Well the rain and pain stayed mainly on the wane and I was able to do a few chores in town and enjoy a little picnic on the beach. The tide had only just receded enough for there to be room to sit and stroll and hardly any humans or gulls had arrived. For a while it was just me and the pigeons which was very pleasant! My first full time job was for a pigeon newspaper and whenever I say that someone always quips ‘I didn’t know pigeons could read’ so it’s a good job I can’t hear you. Its claim to fame (as far as I’m concerned) was that a few years back it was the ‘guest publication’ on the Have I Got News for You? missing words round...

Bought a small hairbrush amongst other things. Not really necessary yet, more a case of wistful anticipation... a bit like an adolescent boy’s first razor or a prepubescent girl’s training bra!

On return, as I wasn’t finding the tennis matches totally gripping, did a little light housework. The dying are not excused the tedious aspects of living and it’s hard to be always unconditionally grateful for the physical ability to carry them out! You can’t flash your ‘Cancer patient...Life’s too short’ card and your clothes and sheets are miraculously smoothed, your vegetables chopped and your work surfaces free of crumbs... Then a bit more branch application on my picture...it’s slow progress, sometimes I think it would be quicker to grow a tree! And finishing off, printing and posting my second letter to my incarcerated penfriend answering the questions in his while posing a few more of my own.

Have thought of a few things to be grateful for today but just now I want my tea so I’ll have to tell you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics