Monday 20 June 2011

Good day, good night

Well the rest of the story of the stories will have to wait as I am tired tonight and need to do other things before bed. So I’ll limit myself for now to recording my reasons to be cheerful today... and hope to meet you here tomorrow

1) That the handyman didn’t do more damage than good (this is not a given folks!)

2) Perfect weather for Wimbledon...ghastly here all afternoon so ideal for telly watching yet fine in SW19 so plenty of matches to watch. And then...when horizontalness was calling a rain break and play confined to Centre Court

3) Re-reading and enjoying once more The Woman with no Fire of her Own

4) Positive comments from readers both here and elsewhere on how much they are enjoying my blog. Some I’ve never met and some I know. What a curious thing life can be...

5) Watching the last part of the Murray match with Clive ‘by text’ which is more fun than on my own even if sometimes I miss a bit focussing on the phone instead of the TV screen

1 comment:

  1. I have just finished reading your blo right through.... you are an amazing writer.
    I am really sad that you are alone at this time in your life.
    If it wasnt for my lovely husband we have been together since 18 so over 30 years i would be very alone too.
    I have 3 children but they grow up and go their own way i suppose that means that you have done the job of raising them to be indepedent, my beautiful daughter is still with us most of the time , she knows that i do not have much longer the same as you but my 2 sons are either ignoring the fact or cant deal with the ending of their mums life.
    Friends stop calling and are nowhere to be found, we must meet for lunch they say..... i have been waiting over a year now so i dont think that is going to happen
    When i say to people even my family, i have only got a few months left, thats if i am lucky they look horrified that i should mention such a thing and say no dont say that you will be ok. I am not going to try so much with them any more.
    I wish i could go th Stonehenge today.....
    Love to you Angel, i hope you get to watch some Tennis or a little walk on the beach.
    Debbie.x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics