Monday 20 June 2011

Late night extra

Just read about a seal getting trapped in the cooling tank at Hinkley Point power station and it reminded me of my dream last night in which there were baby seals playing just off the shore here... only because it was a dream it didn't look much like here of course. The seal cubs didn't look how I would have expected them to either, being totally black rather the dark brownish grey of the ones I've seen before and I kept looking at them in my dream to check that's what they were. The one in the picture in the news picture looks jet black too though...

It's not the first time I've had a 'premonition' dream about a news item but I usually only remember it properly when I actually see or hear the news so it not all that impressive...and the only time I've dreamt what the winning lottery numbers were they were all close but wrong.

There's also an item on the BBC pages about an experiment that attempts to mimic life as an isolated elderly person for young people to try. Apparently a lot of old people have failing health and little contact with the outside world, succumbing to loneliness and depression. Thank goodness I'm not likely to get there that's all I can say ha ha!

Oh well, off to bed if my pjs have warmed up enough on the radiator. It's so cold a hot water bottle wouldn't be excessive but we're almost at summer solstice and I'm not in a tent so that just wouldn't seem right. Not optimistic re how much tennis will actually be played at Wimbledon this week...the forecast's pretty awful. Oh well, maybe I'll get some more of my tree done if my eyes aren't fixed on the TV screen...

1 comment:

  1. That is so strange to dream of a baby seal, i wonder what that means in dream language, my daughter has lots of books on the meanings of dreams, while she is at uni all of her friends ask her what their dreams mean.
    Hope you get to watch some tennis this week. Love Debbie.x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics