Tuesday 28 June 2011

A post with no name

Today I'm happy because, as the doctors yesterday dismissed my symptoms of deteriorating health, I can avoid hospitals a bit longer woohoo! If you can't have loved people around when you're feeling rough then loved things is good and comforting, I can snuggle up and nurture myself.

My reasoning may sound cackhanded but my experience of treatment (both physically and emotionally) at the hands of the NHS has not been an unmitigated success either in terms of caring and competence. I will spare you the details as partly as I haven't the energy to write them down (they go on and on) and partly as are almost* completely devoid of feelgood factor moments so have no place on here.

No doubt in your wisdom you will have heard of the 'placebo' effect...well there is a nocebo one too whereby you perceive something will do you harm and it does. I am aware that anybody west of Salisbury will say 'Oh, there you are...it's your negative attitude bringing these situations on'. Trust me, it's not. If I had that much power over the actions of others I'd put it to a much more pleasant and therapeutic purpose I'm sure!

Shall I go to acupuncture or stay on the sofa sipping herb tea and napping in front of the TV? Decisions, decisions...

Good thing number two of the day...I had a small plate of beans on toast and actually enjoyed it!

*I can kind of think of one...I'll consider it's suitability by and by

1 comment:

  1. All i can say is i am sorry that you have to go through all this crap with the NHS.... i wont bore you with all the details but i am not a fan either.
    Love Debbie.x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics