Sunday 19 June 2011

waving not drowning



Well, I’ve been wielding my crochet hook and have ‘turned over’ a few new leaves as shown above. They will look like leaves when they are scattered over the things that will look like branches eventually...honestly!

Made a roast dinner of sorts with Quorn sausages and some of my famously delicious gravy that carnivores gaze in amazement when they taste and say how do you do this without meat? Finally about five pm getting out and walking along the sea wall a little way. There’s a part just outside town that was known as Old Maid’s Walk some years ago and something to do with the lie of the beach there makes the waves make such a soothing sound. I like to think they liked to go and calm their emotions listening decorously to the sound before Ann Summers was invented.

There are a lot of ways I like to spend Sundays and finding something possible within my current limitations and without kidnapping, carjacking or otherwise breaking and entering into people’s lives is constant challenge. Thus finding five things to be grateful for is too but here we go...

1) Finding the cherries

2) Making gravy (and thinking to try freezing the remainder as it’s hard to make just three spoonfuls at a time)

3) The sound of the waves

4) watching fascinated with a small randomly gathered group as middle aged swimmers cavorted with glee in the surf and a man apparently fully dressed in normal clothes (including knapsack) attempted to launch a canoe from the beach while sitting in it. He made it, but I think he might need to use the washing machine when he gets home

5) The young man serving in the supermarket having a little chat with me when I said I felt self-conscious being the only one in the store not buying alcohol!

1 comment:

  1. I am a veggie too! do you know i dont think its good for you.... all this healthy living lark hasnt done me any good at all. No smoking, still got bloody lung cancer, every one around drinking, smoking, eating meat im sure they taking drugs as well and all as fit as a fiddle!
    Any way keep writing your journal i am a follower now, love Debbie.x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics