Wednesday 23 November 2011

Back to basics

Hello folks...I'm going to keep this as brief as possible tonight as I'm very tired and still not in a chatty chirpy mood. Sometimes, meaning well, people say 'Oh it's OK to moan' and indeed it may be...but not in a gratitude based blog if it's going to do what it says on the tin! My whole point of writing this is to think of things I've appreciated in a day and to pass them on so that other people think of happy things. If I saying I'm miserable about this or that and readers start going 'Ooh I know what you mean, me too!' or something I've said seems incredibly feebly connected to joy and someone mistakes it for a whinge then that's a fail in my book...or in my blog rather!

I can, and probably will at some points be sad or angry or disappointed or whatever but I'm going to go back to keeping these posts about a minimum of five things in a day that I've appreciated in some way unless there's it's absolutely necessary to recount something bad to set the scene for something good that turned everything around. Sometimes I'll wax lengthy and lyrical no doubt, other times when scraping the barrel of my perceptions for perkiness I'll be brief...

We can all qualify things negatively...'but' this, 'if only' that, 'it would have been better if' something else but it has a cumulative effect and we stop noticing how much is going on after a while. A cumulative positive effect can be created too. It's just pushing uphill against our cultural norms.

Anyway, enough of the lecture. I give thanks that I went out and it wasn't rainy or cold but not a day of glorious weather wasted on retail estates. I give thanks for finding out where not to look for lining paper... I give thanks for two top deck front seats on the buses. I give thanks I rediscovered how dire visiting my nearest Asda is and won't need to refresh my memory for a while... I give thanks for getting boring basics at the Co-op when I got back so I don't have to go to go to any supermarket again for a while... I give thanks for pizza with extra home added toppings, an immersion heater...and woolly socks and track pants after a day in boots and jeans. Oh yes... and for knowing the best way to cut pizza is with scissors!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good day, the pizza bit more so...x Glad to see your doing really well, your posts are always on my day to look at list, hope you carry on finding at least five things to be thankful for.
    I know i thank God every morning when i wake up .
    Love Deb.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Angel,
    Looking forward to hearing your five things of appreciation today,
    I've only got one so far.....my boss has gone on holiday for 2 weeks from today! WooHoo! I'll be running a mock thats for sure!!

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics