Wednesday 16 November 2011

State of the art

I'm still here...not buried under sawdust or stuck to the skirting board with paint! I am stuck to the sofa with exhaustion but that's different! When someone's here working I can't just laze around like Lady Muck...for one thing the place is all topsy turvy so it's hard to relax and for another they probably need some supervision, advice, assistance, reassurance...whatever. This time, because I'd moved so much furniture and so on it would have been waste not to get at the newly revealed walls with the scraper and filler knife etc. Just when I was winding down from that and had the sofa back and a cup of tea ready to drink on it there was a message from Laura saying she couldn't come to decorate tomorrow so could she come today instead so it was back on my feet and get back at it! I give thanks therefore to Alan and Laura for their work and of course to me for mine...for another step in several directions towards 'done'. For lots of things in a state where I can progress with them on my own when I've recovered in a day or two.

I give thanks for thinking to put an elastic bandage on my wrist to help with aches and pains and for Lush face mask, hair and bath things to soak and scrub away the grime. I give thanks for the ready meal I'll be popping in the oven for my tea shortly and for ready made entertainment on TV. I'm transfixed by a series about transgendered folks of different sorts and aspirations at the moment, it's a subject that's absolutely fascinated me ever since my teens when I first heard of it. I don't know why particularly...perhaps because I've always been comfortably in touch with my masculine side and well aware of the mixture that is inside us all and also about the curiosity of cultural perceptions of gender. Who knows! I was nonetheless astonished by what can be created by state of the art surgery nowadays. I think they all were when a girl to guy changer showed them what he looked like without his boxers! There was just this stunned silence! I give thanks for my friends who are coming at Christmas sending me a list of homemade soups to choose what I'd like them to bring. Plan A atm is to have a festive picnic lunch on a beach or tor. How cool would that be ...apart from cold ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics