Tuesday 1 November 2011

Rabbit rabbit

Phew! Another few inches (each) of picture rail and skirting board revealed and of curtain sewed, and several feet of curtain tacked... I'm not expressing gratitude for the speed that things are progressing you understand, simply that they are!

I'm grateful for a good talk with the good doctor and remembering the nice nurse this morning saying he thinks the man must have a portrait of himself in the attic because he's known him for twenty seven years and he's always looked the same. Apparently he's retired twice already and is estimated to be in his mid to late seventies! How lucky I was he was a locum duty doctor the day I went in. He is the first person to recognise that while the cancer is failing to kill me as quickly as it might, other conditions are carrying on disregarded...and the longer I live the less acceptable that actually is. I am still 'worth it' in other words! I guess he knows a little about premature relegation himself... and that the real scrap heap challenge is to stay off it!

I give thanks for some salad with my tea. I've had cooked veg the last couple of nights but sometimes I really crave raw ones. Even in my early teens one of my favourite things to eat was salad and in the places and days I spent my early teens that was considered very strange indeed! I wasn't even on a diet, ha ha! I also going back to give the kitchen a bit of a clean and tidy afterwards before flollupping on the sofa so it doesn't give me a nasty shock when I go and make a hot drink later.

1 comment:

  1. Good morning, lovely news regarding the nurse and doctor who are looking after you. I will email you today, I have been meaning to for the last couple of days. Chat later, Juanita xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics