Monday 7 November 2011

Speak now...

I got my second wind in the early evening...or just my first wind really I guess. As long as I have some fairly normal energy in a day...and preferably in the daytime not at night...I don't grumble - in fact, as you can imagine, I'm extremely grateful! I've done a bit of stripping paint off another section of picture rail. I tried doing some this morning and it was just too painful and tiring but later on it was doable so I did! It's quite cosy at that level too with all the warm air rising so lots to be thankful for there.

Now I'm wiped out again but that's OK. I thought I'd have a(nother) rest on the sofa watching a Louis Theroux documentary about 'dangerous pets' in America ie. big cats, primates and bears. I remembered it being on tv recently and I was sure I recorded it but when I checked it wasn't there. So I frantically logged on to bbc iplayer and found it was about to expire in the next day or two, and had to settle down and watch it straight away to make sure I didn't forget it again! It was really fascinating as all his investigations are and he met some real characters both human and otherwise. I've just written quite a lot of this last paragraph without touching the screen but using the 'speak now' transcript facility. I never have before and I am astonished how accurate it can be! I thought it was just for asking your phone to call people but no, it will take dictation not infallibly but better than the software the OU gave me on my 'disabled' laptop! I'm not sure if you can put punctuation in but it's amazing how well it interprets what you say and the great thing is it turns itself off after each phrase so you don't get a transcript of good natured gobsmacked expletives when it does so! I can see it being very handy when my hands are not... but I'll have to use complicated language because it finds simple words harder to decipher!

Anyway, with lingering bemused gratitude for the more miraculous miracles of modern technology I'm off to give more thanks for the less high tech but no less appreciated ones of hot water and clean sheets...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics