Thursday 17 November 2011

One hand clapping

Well, I've shopped and I've dropped! Note to self: avoid retail encounters after acupuncture. I would normally but today I had to pick up a large package. I didn't know quite how big it would be or I would have got everything else first. Hey ho, I'm home again anyway and after a busy week so far I have that feeling you get just before you have time off from work, a Thursday before a long weekend feeling. Nice!

I give thanks for the various therapies of my day... Essential (I can't really call it complementary or alternative as there's nothing else on offer!) and retail. I bought some Manuka honey and cider vinegar which I've heard several people say works wonders for their arthritis and a 'medium' size stretchy hand support but I could have almost fitted both of mine in and still have room to clap so the wrong sort of hand support maybe! Never mind, that's a bonus for the charity shop bag.

I give thanks for tasty Tesco vegetable samosas and melt in the mouth locally made chocolate medallions...dark chocolate with amaretti crisp and milk chocolate with caramel are my current favourites I think. For the smell of Earl Grey tea when you open a new packet and the sound of hot water falling from kettle to cup. For finding out a new series of the Killing starting on Saturday... The first series was one of the most gripping detective dramas I have ever seen or read. For being snug on my sofa with a documentary on cougars and cubs to watch right now...NOT a natural history programme, ha ha! For the carpet man leaving me some samples to take time to choose from. I thought I wanted Willow in the shop but I'm edging towards Nutmeg now... Oh, the decadence of decision making!

And I'm grateful for my on the way to being a fake fireplace/temporary router stand. It improves the dimensional dynamics of the room and fills me with self congratulatory smugness. Just got to fill and undercoat and paint though not sure which colour(s) yet. You want a sneak preview anyway?

4 comments:

  1. Good evening Angel,
    A moveable fireplace? well that'll certainly keep the bed sores at bay!,

    Watching CDWM and don't know if I can bare to see it through till the end, don't think I could ever go in for it, would get 20 yrs for murder lol.....Love it really :)

    Take care Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, a woman with no fire of her own's gotta do whatever she can, lol! Just watching last nights from C4...That Greg is something else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fire will look great Angel when its finally in the place you want it, and you put the coals on. Did mine in the early part of the year, now I have to wall paper around it, but it did replace a monstrous 8ft long by 3ft high shelf arrangement with some awful electric bar type fire in the middle of it. Have been off line for over a week since redecorating piecemeal (only way when we have to live in and decorate at the same time) so will catch up with your posts dreckly! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat, good to hear from you! My fireplace is meant to be permanently mobile actually...well as long as I am anyway...but you're right, it will look better when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics