Monday 14 November 2011

Out of the way

Good evening, good evening, good evening, as Stephen Fry would say...I give gratitude just for the thought of his wordy welcome to each edition of QI!

My cunning plan worked and after a short nap and very l-o-n-g lie down doing very little I finally stirred msyelf about 6pm as that's my cut off point for drinking caffeine and I felt very keen to have a cup of tea. And then I got a few more things done...yay! I found a temporary home out of the way for my stereo and cds and tapes. the crucial part of that sentence is 'out of the way' There are a lot of things out of the living room at the moment and I'm beginning to run out of out of the way places to put them. There's stuff beside the 'spare side' of and under the bed and the kitchen table and behind the kitchen door but the shelf on the wall needs to be cleared so it can come down and be painted while the wall behind is being done so I've shuffled things around a bit more and am grateful for my great ingenuity! I'm also delighted that, against all odds I got down on my hands and knees and put a first coat of satinwood on the stretch skirting I've been working on the last week or so. This means there's now a green strip at the bottom of the walls in here as far as the eye can see. Never mind about yet about where it can't or that the latest bit still needs a second coat! It's a big psychological milestone to have the paintwork joining up on three sides of the room...when the second coat is on I can legitimately say I'm on the 'home straight' with the skirting board you see! Little things eh?

All this evening activity led to a shamefully late supper and it's past 10pm and I'm thinking dessert? indigestion? TV? Sleep? Decisions, decisions...I think my body is telling me loud and clear what it would prefer so I'd better do the decent thing and listen! I give thanks for a conference pear and a clean pair of pjs...I give thanks for a mild evening to leave the window open for that paint to air and dry and I give thanks for all the great virtual friends I've made through the Cancerchat forums and my blog. I hope you all are doing OK...Karen and Juanita I haven't heard from either of you for a while so special thoughts to you...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Angel,
    Just stopped for a break from my own decorating to pop on here to say hi, I'm sorry I haven't been posting as often I normally do, I'm so desperate to sell my house Derek and me are working round the clock to get our house ready to go up for sale,

    Hope you are feeling ok this morning, if the weather down your way is anything like it is up here, you'll be pleased to stay snuggled up with your Tesco treats, but I know it's nice to get out for some fresh air, so I hope your able to if thats what takes your fancy, Well back to the grind!!, will catch up with you later, take care,
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angel, Yours is the only site I really come on at the mo, am touched by your mention of me! Dr says I have gone through a breakdown - whatever that may be! - too many things juggling in the air and not catching them. Trying to keep my head above water - your posts are so inviting and have helped me lots. Had no email either.
    You take special care - I for my part will keep reading your blog. Much love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi busy bee. I am reading a collection of P.G.Wodehouse at the moment as I picked up a copy of Jeeves & Wooster a couple of weeks ago and thought I really must read more of this. It is hilarious but I really cannot stop myself from seeing Hugh Lawrie & the lovely Stephen Fry when I read the dialogue. I bet the old lady next door thinks I've got myself a boyfriend (huh some chance) judging from the laughter coming from my bedroom at 2 a.m.
    Wishfuly Maggie x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics