Tuesday 15 November 2011

Quite interesting

Two new-to-me nurses again today...one a matron and one a student and neither of them could tell the time! They seemed quite pleasant and helpful and non-patronising and assured me they would make sure nobody came in the morning for an afternoon visit again. Yeah right! Never mind...I give thanks that I was up and able to let them in so that it's all out of the way for another week...and that nobody asked how my bottom was!

I'm definitely in sedentary mode today anyway and I give great thanks that I was so busy and bustly yesterday and have less chores to do today. I've scrambled some eggs and attended to some paperwork and I can feel a naplet coming on already! I give thanks that after a lengthy internet search I found the perfect rugs for each side of my bed...all I have to do now is persuade Bob to buy them for me for Christmas, ha ha! I chose a great watch for my birthday this year and persuaded him to buy me that so who knows! When you don't have many gifts it's nice if you have ones you notice often then you get more enjoyment out of them. I have a picture on my bedroom wall that John and Jo bought me for my fiftieth birthday that I regularly notice and remember receiving. They bought it on my birthday when I fell in love with it in the gift shop at the zoo where I'd chosen to go for a perhaps rather age inappropriate outing with them and Bob and Jared. It was an intensely cold but very memorable day and I give thanks for thinking of it now.

I give thanks also for some interesting reading on the BBC pages again today...about being nice http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15693508 and about being nasty http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-15386740. I'm not implying anything by my 'expression of interest' (sometimes the articles I give links to seem to provoke strong feelings) just that they caught my eye and the fact they appeared on two consecutive days was also...er...quite interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics