Saturday 5 November 2011

Head lines

I give thanks for this morning's cup of tea which I managed to get back to get and drink while still piping hot...delicious! I had 'interesting' dreams...the first one involved an unkind elder brother and a lot of bleeding and I had to check when I woke up that the latter part wasn't true! The second one was mostly based in a big Buddhist monastery complex where I met a young monk who was going to give me some one-to-one personalised training in meditation and yoga. I went off to buy some leggings to be comfy in the session and got back a bit late and when I got back I couldn't find him or where to go. I passed several groups of people waiting for someone, looking up expectantly as I arrived but it wasn't me. I said maybe we're all waiting for the wrong one, maybe the right one's here! (Very profound... religions and philosophies have been based on not much more!) Anyway, I opened another door looking for him and there were lots of monks lying down and the patterned china knob came off in my hand and I couldn't see how to put it back without disturbing everybody though I was worried they'd be disturbed with the door open anyway! So I left it out of the way so no one would trip over it but in sight so it wouldn't get lost and then went to a big place with rows comfy seats like a fancy ferry lounge and eventually my monk came and found me there and he understood everything that had happened. It was a gentle reassuring dream after the one that preceded it putting me in a better mood to start the day so I give thanks for that.

Like many I've been distressed by the news of the pile up on the M5. It's the close to homeness I think, not geographical so much but in what you can relate too. It's easier to have empathy if you can visualise yourself in the situation and we've all had that 'what if' thought on the motorway. I'm sending comfort and compassion in thoughts to those still suffering...to those in physical pain and those who are suffering loss or fear of it.

On a brighter note I loved the story of a solitary anti-(bad)-capitalism protester camped in a churchyard nearby. He and the vicar had been for a pint to discuss terms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics