Wednesday 9 November 2011

Hunting and gathering

This evening I give thanks for the tasty nibbles I made earlier with ready rolled puff pastry. I've never bought anything so decadent before but using it doesn't feel like cooking so much as playing with plasticine...tastes much nicer though! I topped little squares with red onion, apple chutney and goats cheese, pesto, tomato and cheddar and sliced apple, cinnamon and brown sugar so Laura and I had some fresh baked tea time treats after she'd done some decorating chores. Easy though they were to make by the time I'd finished I was fit for nothing but TV, naps and nibbling. Lucky Laura brought some goodies she'd made too so I give thanks for that and for the fact I now don't need to go into the kitchen for the rest of the day and most of tomorrow for anything except 'gathering' whatever takes my fancy! I give special thanks for asking what was in the pumpkin pie...for some reason I thought it was a savoury one and had planned to have it with veg for my tea which would have been odd as it's actually sweet and spicy!

I'm grateful for all the bits and bobs I 'hunted' so successfully this morning...most of all for the new shades for my living room lamps. The ones I had have become quite dented and marked over the last few years and I wanted new ones for when the room is done. I'd been trying to think of somewhere I could get some within walking distance of somewhere I could sit down to get to and thought (correctly) of Wilkinson's. Of course I don't need them yet but in a few week's time, when I hope I will, it will be far too busy everywhere for me to travel and shop. Of course I don't 'need' them at all, I know!

I give thanks for my astonishingly active day and for my aching joints to remind me how out of character it was. I've a feeling the comfy track pants and cosy jumper I bought will get some wear over the next couple of days! And lastly I give thanks for the chap with the big holdall getting on the train who could have pushed in front of me but who stood back and said 'After you, madam'. I don't care if it was PC or appropriate or what or not...I liked it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics