Saturday 19 November 2011

Mixture as before

My new mixer thingy made me a nice chocolate sponge to go on top of some stewed fruit and under some cream earlier. That was nice of it wasn't it? I mean it's not as if we've known each other long and it didn't mind that I changed my mind from crumble and throw cocoa round the kitchen in a huff! Cocoa can be very huffy and puffy can't it? I give thanks for the first proof of pudding anyway!

I wanted something comforting to eat while I watched East is East. Not that it's not comforting itself, it is, on the whole, a heartwarming film and I saw it when it first came out and sometimes you want to watch something you've seen before don't you? But I do struggle with the shortening days and this last few weeks before the solstice I begin to feel almost claustrophobic as the light disappears in the middle of the afternoon. I'm wondering if putting the curtains up would help or hinder...it's a quite a hassle getting the big steps out if it turns out to be a hinder! I know it would be better if I could wake up a bit earlier but that's part of the problem...as soon as the last rocket's gone off on November 5th I'm ready to hibernate til the first snowdrops appear! Anyway I give thanks for East is East. It's set in areas and an era I knew and with Space hoppers and Bedford vans and stretchy white plastic boots...all of which I was too young to have personally you understand but which I saw around and about.

I give thanks for QI for lightening my darkness. I'm a few weeks behind so plenty more to look forward to. There's a German comedian I've not encountered before on the one I just saw. He made some jokes about 'the war'...now that's not something you hear every day! I give thanks for Redbush tea...for cleaning the bathroom and getting some ironing done...and for not having stuffy central heating though you may here a different view before those snowdrops appear!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics