Wednesday 2 November 2011

Division of labour

Well it's been a flippety floppety sort of day so far. I'm grateful for the tempestuous weather making a long lie in finishing the biography of Spike Milligan seem only right and proper! Then after getting up and doing a couple of useful things - including putting a little rice pudding in the oven to cook - went back to bed until it was time to get up again to eat it! (Mmm...I give thanks for that too!) And while I did I started watching a documentary I recorded a while back about Marty Feldman. I thought he was brilliant in my younger days and certain sketches, rarely seen any more, still make me laugh out loud so gratitude for that. He was a jazz trumpeter, you know. Which one...you might ask - Marty or Spike? Both of them, ha ha! So somehow I got drawn into the programme and ended up watching the whole thing and then got up and did a couple more little chores and then had to rest on the sofa again a while...the pattern repeating itself throughout the afternoon A couple of times lately I've felt relatively lively but not today. Suppose it serves me right for running marathons, building pyramids etc when I do have some energy to spare (not).

I give thanks for a lovey chatty letter from Kostas and for a book about Gods and Myths in Northern Europe that Ivor kindly sent me from his vast collection and now I'm off for another sit still!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics