Thursday 3 November 2011

The dog and pineapple

It sounds like a pub name doesn't it? Some sort of eatery perhaps like the Slug and Lettuce? Actually it's what I saw outside the Co op earlier. A dog waiting patiently or otherwise by the door is fairly common occurrence but you don't often see a loosely wrapped fresh pineapple by their side! I give thanks for being on the spot at just the right time to catch this anomoly.

Gratitude too to Rachel for excellent acupuncture and, just as beneficial in its own way, perceptive comprehension of my sometimes unconventional thought processes and emotional responses. How lucky I was to find someone so sympathetic to my ways!

Gratitude that the weather cleared up by the time I went out and for finding a carved pumpkin lantern on the doorstep downstairs. Still there from Monday night I guess, I haven't been out since Jared brought me home earlier in the late afternoon...heart warming to know the new neighbours aren't the sort to leave themselves or empty bottles there anyway...I told you the neighbourhood was looking up! Gratitude too the carpet shop was shut due to flood damage so that I used the extra town time I'd allocated to sip hot chocolate on the edge of the promenade watching the big waves rolling in. They were the sort that leaves a wide band of white foam behind them and children and dogs were playing chicken with their ebb and flow while surfers rode the swell. Much nicer than buying carpets! I also give thanks for finding, in among the tins of seasonal sweeties, rows of pre-packed meat and racks of alcohol, some actual food to buy at the Dog and Pineapple... sorry, the Co-op, I mean! I can see my new name for it might stick though...

1 comment:

  1. "The Dog and Pineapple".....Aw I love that! :)
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics