Friday 11 November 2011

Shallow gal

Are you sure I didn't run a marathon some time over the last few days? Wrestle a polar bear, build a road or land a giant squid? I've been racking my memory and re-reading my memoirs but no mention of such activities there so I guess it's just boring old going back to feeling poorly plus a bit of exhaustion for the things I did when I didn't. Never mind...it was fun while it lasted and maybe it'll come back soon. I've just got to stay upright for Tesco delivery and a man to come and talk about carpets and then all I have to do is chill til Monday doing crafts and watching TV and snacking and napping...nice!

I give thanks for beginning the process yesterday evening with some fairly mindless TV and fairly unhealthy food. I suppose the qualification is more subjective than one might assume. Watching Come Dine with Me when there's someone who doesn't serve or partake in meat or alcohol is an eye opener to what other people consider normal nutrition. Well, it's an eye opener all round really isn't? You could do could do studies on it for all manner of degrees I'm sure! And I love the Geek makeovers on Beauty and the... Yeah I know it's kind of shallow...but those guys are on the show because they want help with shallow. They've mastered their own special deepness already and they have no idea how to bring their skin deep beauty out...they don't even know it's there. And of course, neither does anyone else apart from maybe their mothers. But the show's team finds some, sometimes so much you cannot believe it's the same guy at first. They shave off excessive facial hair, make a style with what's on the head, choose clothes that fit and flatter, replace sticky tape on spectacles...nah, only kidding...they get new frames or contacts. Whatever it takes to make them look as hot as they can and some of them do turn out pretty hot! They don't do it til part of the way into the series so it begins to be clearer why these men have chosen not to set about improving their appearance and social skills when they would prefer to have access to the confident social interactions these attributes can engender. And how they love it when they find their inner hunk...and the beauties do too! They've been learning to appreciate these guys for their inner qualities and then suddenly they are guys they'd check out anyway. It's brilliant! I give thanks for reality/game show TV at it's best!

Meanwhile, back in the real world where most of us are part geek part beauty I guess I'd better get a few more odds and odds done before the business part of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics