Friday 18 November 2011

More joy of sofa

The thing in that box I brought home yesterday - it was a new food processor! Half price in a sale so the right price for me! I unpacked it in the evening and there are lots of bright and shiny pieces but I don't really feel like eating much today so haven't tried it out yet. The box has come in handy though...protected by plastic (in case the processor has to go back) it's now holding up one end of the shelf that's lying in wait to be painted on the kitchen floor! Setting it up is as far as I've got with that but you never know, I might go into the kitchen later and think oooh, I'll just dash off a layer of that. Afterall there will have to be quite a few layers on each side so hopefully that will happen a lot over the next few days!

I'm often quite buzzy and energetic after my treatment and yesterday did quite a lot of low key this and that quite late into the night...I knew I'd probably be tired today but just thought I'd go with the flow instead of going to bed and not sleeping. I give thanks for reconnecting with pre decorating craft tasks, knitting a few rows and crocheting a little square. This was partly inspired by finding a ball of the same turquoise blue yarn I'd found one of somewhere else some months ago and which opens up the design possibilities of the cot blanket that it's part of. I had to compare the two to check I'd remembered it right and remind myself of the pattern by doing a bit. Aren't brains wonderful things storing all that stuff for us so we don't need Filofaxes and mood boards and all that stuff? I give much thanks to mine!

Thank you too to the Sue Ryder shop...and to whoever it is who keeps it stocks with things I might like to buy. Got a few promising paperbacks there as well as I knew there weren't many pages left in the biography/social history/general musing book I'd had my nose stuck into every since my last visit.

I'm particularly grateful for my bed and sofa and TV today, for the comfort and joy of being able to take rest when you need it. I'm also grateful for little flurries of cleaning in the kitchen which had accumulated a fine layer of sawdust on top of the dust and which I wanted to remove before starting with the paint...but mostly for the sofa!,

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, a food processor?, and there was me thinking I was being adventerous buying a slow cooker!, and i'm ashamed to say i've only used it once since I bought it!...Never mind it's that time of year for broth and the likes, so i'm sure i'll be getting it back out the cupboard soon,

    I'm pleased somebody else is full in the swing of decorating too, i'm getting a bit sick of it now if i'm honest and will be pleased to get back to work next week for a rest!,

    Thank you for your reply on cc, I know I can rely on you to make me smile! ( now don't go getting a big head when I say that mind )

    hope you have a comfy night on your sofa, i'm planning on doing the same,

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many years ago my sister had a food processor, she used it for all kinds of things. Made brilliant pastry by just putting the flour, fat & water in and the thing made it in seconds, same with bread dough. Had all kinds of hooks, wizzy things and choppers. I expect you will have great fun making mince pies, Christmas cake & pudding. I have one of those little hand held things with sharp blades, it's great for blending soups and making smoothies but I am very impressed with your big mixer.
    Maggie x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics