Thursday 3 November 2011

Dry land

Ran out of steam to type last night but I give thanks for the stunning imagery on Frozen Planet...I'm not particularly fond of watching things hunt and kill each other but the orca pod making waves to tip seals off floating ice was scarily clever. I'm glad we don't have creatures like those on dry land but I'm grateful we have such excellent natural history documentary makers in this country and that people still believe it's money well spent. And for David Attenburgh's continuing vigour...they're just not the same without him! The cameramen and crew work hardest though and the scenery shots above, below and in the ice were breathtaking as was seeing the male polar bears standing up on their hind legs to fight over a female. That was just the first episode...I had a little doze while the second one recorded. I give gratitude for having the peace and space to nap when I want to, to eat and drink and wash and clean and so on pretty much whenever I feel like it and not having to justify myself or meet anyone's expectations. There are some advantages to a solitary life!

Despite all the dropping off during the day I slept long and mostly soundly and dreamt I was going to one of the carpet shops in town to perhaps choose a new one for the living room rather than just half heartedly glance at what was on offer like I did a few weeks ago. The first thing I that caught my eye when I walked in was a big black cat waking and stretching itself on a pile of samples and then I spotted another and another and they began to come and wreathe round my legs purring and pushing their heads up to be stroked. Then some friendly dogs came too. It was a lovely dream but I don't remember much about actually selecting carpet which is tentatively on my to do list for today! I hope the weather eases and my own vigour increases so I can go and see what they've got that I might fancy/afford before my acupuncture this afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. I love nature programmes, but i'm a bit like you when it comes to the killing part, even though it's the most natrual thing for them to do,could sit for hours watching animals in their natrual habitat, infact I sometimes think I prefer animals to people!!! ( well some people )
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the smell of new carpet ... it only seems to last a couple of days, but mmm lovely.
    Keep up your good writing, love Feb.xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics