Thursday 17 November 2011

Getting it up

Oh what a beautiful morning! What a pity my feeble Sky router doesn't like not being on the shelf (there's a few of us would swap with it, ha ha!) so I haven't been able to post my comment on Tony's blog or reply to Tiggs's Facebook message yet but am having to store these words until I've coaxed it back into responsive life.

I used to work for large and well known telecommunications company you know, I used to hear a lot of people moaning about the quality of their modems, routers and hubs and now know how very privileged they were to have them! Best ever ever was the Voyager 210...no, not wireless but so reliable and solid. I've still actually got mine in a cupboard actually partly 'just in case' and partly out sentimentality. They were among the first bits of kit widely used for that new fangled broadband thingy and we were among the chosen (condemned?) few to guide bemused punters through set up and connection. It took a while to get the terminology to trip lightly but appropriately off the tongue. On several early calls I had my colleagues in stitches when I asked in all innocence 'Have you ever had it [ie. the internet] up sir?'...'Have you ever had it on?' wasn't much better!

Anway, I've decided what I'm going to try is moving the fireplace and see if the router would be happier on that until the shelf is back on the wall. This may not seem an easy option but my 'fireplace' was only constructed yesterday out of scraps of wood and skirting. It is freestanding and will respond to a shove!

I'm grateful for Alan's interpretation of my instructions...nothing wrong with that that filler and paint won't cure...and that the fire I bought to set into a fake chimney breast that has been looking naked all these years now has it's undergarments on! I'm grateful that I've had a spur to get myself out of bed and the for the glorious sunshine streaming through the windows and sparkling on the sea.

I also express gratitude for all of you who have made kindly and complimentary comments here and elsewhere regarding my wit and wisdom. I love the idea that I can help spread happinesses in some way...after all this is why I'm writing this blog, it'a not just because I like the look of my own voice, ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics