Friday 25 November 2011

Trending now

I'm not sure about this 'popular posts' link I've put at the side. You know whenever you see a list of things that are currently most searched for or read there's always something that makes you wonder what it was about and then you boost the numbers by searching or reading it too. In conjunction with something I have noticed over the few months I've been doing this ie. that mostly the posts with the more negative sounding titles get more hits...that means they just get more and more! Now me, if I was looking down the list of titles I'd think 'Ooh, Dog and Pineapple' what's that about? Or Inspiration...or Dreamtime...but I write something like 'Stuck' and suddenly twice as many people read it! Now I'm thinking I could play some games here. What if my next post was called 'Unstuck'...would that be perceived as a juicy account of my life falling apart or just more boring old pollyanna gratitudes? Hmmm!

Anyway, for now apologies to tabloid readers everywhere but I'm just going to carry on telling you what I feel good about in the hope that it bucks the trend...And for this evening these pearls of perkiness are...

Dear Dr Galli calling to ask how I was doing and form the next part of our plan to keep me mostly upright a little longer...

Having a double yoked egg for my lunch earlier. Don't know why they should make you happy but they always do somehow!

Finding by accident via Amazon that a shop that started out as one little room in one little Welsh town with a counter full of mixed ex army and civil service tat is now a quite a business empire. Well done Cheap Charlie's...sorry Charlie's Direct, ha ha! And for mentioning it on Facebook which led to a little chat with someone I've not seen for many years...

Having my new liquidiser make soup out of cooked vegetables without once saying 'Oh no, not soup again! Wouldn't you rather have a milkshake for tea?'. I like the design of the lid so you can give stuff a poke if it sticks without taking the whole thing off and that I can reach to poke without having to take it off the base. My old one was designed for someone taller I think...who didn't like soup.

For ricecakes. People say they taste like polystyrene but I've never eaten polystyrene so I wouldn't know. Why would you want to when rice cakes taste so good, ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. It's ages since i've had a double yoker, but I can clearly remember going....Ooooooh when it happened, haha,

    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics