Sunday 6 November 2011

That's entertainment

I could never go on Come Dine with Me. Apart from several other more obvious reasons I can't do those high pitched squeals women do when when they greet each other...oh, and I forget to tell people they look lovely before I actually look and decide they do! Never mind...I have great gratitude for the hours of entertainment it gives me! The often curiously deluded people who think they can cook or entertain are, in fact, just as entertaining as those who actually can. But tho it's fun to watch the contestants have a bit of a squabble sometimes I prefer it when they get on. There are so many different kinds of people on that programme and we're so used to the format now it's easy to forget meeting and eating with strangers in each other's homes so more people can watch what happens on TV in theirs is actually rather odd! I'm sure the possibility of winning the cash isn't always the reason why people take part but my goodness I'm glad they do!

It's been another glorious autumn day with bright sunshine illuminating the rich colours of the leaves and vibrantly blue sea. I'm grateful I can see these things from my windows but I've not had the slightest desire to go out anywhere and didn't even get properly dressed and out of bed til early afternoon! I give thanks for the finding the fascinating history book I'm reading about the life and times of 'Mrs Beeton' though I'm quite a long way in and we haven't actually got to the wedding yet. It would be churlish not to give it the attention it deserves and I'm grateful for the chance to take it easy and just relax but I wish I didn't feel like I have to justify doing so little sometimes - even if it's just to myself! It's not like I've even been totally inactive. I've done a bit of curtain ribbon tacking and a few rows knitting the hot water bottle cover I'm making for another craft donation to Volunteering in Health. Not while the Frozen Planet was on though...I remembered to watch it in HD and it was totally absorbing. The polar bear walking so softly, the penguins waddling so comically and the way they shoot out of the water onto the ice...the way the killer whales pop their heads up through little holes in the ice, the way the albatrosses tenderly rub theirs together, the fantastic under water plankton eating jellies with flashing lights and the amazing narwhal log jam! Humongous thanks for all the joys watching that brought me.

And thanks to everyone who has sent me messages and comments lately. I hope you've had as relaxing a weekend as I (if that was what you wanted that is!). I'm so glad there are people out there who enjoy reading my blog and I hope it helps you remember to notice and give thanks for the little things in your life that can give pleasure or distract from the pain even when the big ones aren't always quite as we'd like!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angel,
    I love come dine with me, the presenter is my favorate, always says just what i'm thinking, maybee I should apply for his job if he ever wants a break eh?
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah go for it Lynn! Remember you have to be rude AND funny which is actually quite a skill. You'd be better off getting your recipes from there too. I'm sorry I never suggested what to put in your slow cooker as I just chop up whatever I and throw it in!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics