Friday 4 November 2011

Not so spruce

Hello folks! Hope you're doing OK. I'm feeling like I should have stayed in my bed today so I'm giving thanks that I got out of it and made it afterwards! That reminded me of putting a flat pack pine bed together once and I don't know if you've ever done so but it can be a surprisingly strenuous job. The phone rang and I rushed downstairs to answer it and my friend on the other end said if I was that out of breath making a bed then I ought to see a doctor! She meant the rearranging the bedding sort of course...

I give thanks for giving my bedroom, bathroom and kitchen a bit of a clean as well and for clearing the decks for Laura to do a bit more papering in the living room... a few drops of lining paper and bit of textured 'top' in some places where that's already been done I hope! I don't feel up to major furniture moving today so I'd prefer to have work done on the 'bits that show' but if she's time after tackling the above perhaps she'll put second coat on the doors. The handles are on loosely and I reckon if I had something cylindrical, small but stretchy and waterproof to protect them the wood could be painted without getting any on the metal. Unfortunately I haven't any of those to hand!


I'm grateful I felt a bit healthier early in the week and was able to enjoy my trip 'up north'. Here is a view from near the top of the cliff railway showing where Exmoor meets the sea as they say...



...and of gorgeous Lynmouth gorge in autumn colours. If you've not been round there before then I urge you to do so. It's lovely all times of year!

2 comments:

  1. Angel, rather fancy the house with the red tiled roof half way up the hill, but not if someone decided to set light to the woods in the height of a drought, by dropping a fag end! Pat xx
    gonna post before I lose it again this is my third attempt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame, I have just what you need in the bedside drawer, you do mean glovelies ha ha, got those as well in the kitchen! pat xx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics