Tuesday 22 November 2011

Jolly good show

Sky changed it's TV channel packaging a while back and as a result I can now watch all manner of programmes at no extra charge that you'd have to be mad to pay for. Still, a little of what you wouldn't normally fancy can fill in a dark sofa bound hour or two and there is the odd gem to be found like a history of the Red Arrows on the quaintly named Men & Movies channel. It began with the Wright brothers so a bit of a slow start but which was made in 1994 so even the new stuff was historic but some delightfully gobsmacking footage with very stiff upper liply enunciated commentary. As I say, a gem...one felt a collar and tie and short back and sides were really required for viewing, don't you know!

So I give thanks for that and for this week's CDWM which so far, if it were sketches in a comedy show rather than real Brummie people being themselves, would receive complaints I'm sure! There are some rum characters around that's for certain! I'm grateful the nurse came before it got too dark to get safely down the first flight of stairs (legal action has been taken on that, by the way) but the sun had set and it was too late to be much fun going out to do anything on my own. Maybe tomorrow eh? I give thanks that in a huff of indignant resentment after being told I needed to be assessed not only for risk of pressure sores but for risk of malnutrition too, I attacked some more picture rail and skirting after she'd gone. And that there was another helping of my nutty veg crumble left from last night to pop in the oven after. I give thanks for Magnum mini Irish cream choc ice too. I think one could become somewhat addicted. They're not really alcoholic
are they? Malnutrition, me? Never!

Oh well, I'd better see what the increasingly irritating Horatio is up to this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics