Friday 11 November 2011

Presents of mind

Thank you for you comments folks. Yes Lynn, it was indeed cheesy, apart from the wildebeest - yuk! And Pat I don't know what you mean, ha ha!

It's such a lovely cwtchity day here. Cwtch is a Welsh word for a sort of comforting cuddle, by the way, nothing to do with your...er...'cooch'! It's what I also call a crumpets day if that makes any more sense to you. I would like to express extreme gratitude for not being out in it but for being able to listen and watch from snug indoors. I give thanks for the sound of the wind hurling the rain at double glazed windows and the sight of the lights in the gloom on the hillside at the back. Sometimes when it's foggy it looks like it's actually snowing up there but it's not! I give thanks for a tasty spinach and feta pie and for discovering how easy they are to make! I've got no crumpets and not much of an appetite so I needed to think of something I'd eat whether I meant to or not...It goes surpisingly well with Earl Grey tea so you'ld better not come to my house for Come Dine with Me as that's what you might get!

The carpet man couldn't make it but I give thanks for my Tesco delivery. I don't know if it's due to some emotional lack in my updragging or my mission to find as much enjoyment in all that I possibly can...but when the driver had gone and I turned to look at two trays of assorted groceries and other bits and bobs I found myself saying 'Mmmm...presents!' in my best Homer Simpson voice. I guess even though I choose and pay for goods and the service, the fact that they are in my flat with no further effort than that on my part makes them seem like gifts to me!

I give thanks for Holy Flying Circus which I've paused to finish writing this! It feels even more cwtchy to settle down to watch something feature length than shorter but on BBC4 - where so many good feature length things are (much gratitude!) there aren't advert breaks to stop and pop and do bits of this and that) I recorded it awhile back (digital recording - more gratitude for that) and it's as entertaining as it should be. The Palin and Cleese characters are especially convincing as the themselves. I was too young for the original comedy anarchy of Monty Python but of an age to remember the uproar about Life of Brian...and enjoy the film immensely when available. That reminds me...Your random fact for today. Mary Whitehouse, self appointed guardian of the nation's morals taught my son's dad. Not very effectively I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics