Wednesday 9 November 2011

Zen and the art of shopping

Mmm...finished the omelette I made last night for my lunch. It was thick with onions and mushrooms and spuds...deliberately made too big to eat all at once as I knew how delicious it would be today! I needed a hot snack when I got back from shopping in the little city. No that's not a misprint or a dream but something I actually did achieve today. I'd put a few minutes worth of energy aside each day all week and when I had enough saved up I planned a quick route around the shops I had to go to (all close to one station) arranged it so there'd be a rough sea to marvel at on the journey and strong winds and heavy showers...but only when I was under cover so everyone else less clever with the weather stayed home out of my way! I seemed to know exactly where to go to find the things I'd gone for at just the right prices...And when I needed a refreshment break I found a cafe with no one else in it giving away free fresh homemade cake with every drink purchased!

There's at least fifteen things I'm grateful for in the paragraph above but despite cabs to and fro from the station and lots of sitting down on the trip I've run out of the energy I had stored up and need to recharge now!

Thinking of all of you with hospital visits this week and wishing you what you'd wish for yourselves or something even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Statistics