Sunday 13 November 2011

Night all

Oh my ears and whiskers...how can I be so tired? I can't believe it's only just after eight pm... Never mind, I give thanks this evening that it won't be long before I can be back in bed!

I give thanks also for the lovely nap I had during the Grand Prix...and even more so for pressing the pause button before I nodded off! I give thanks for a great race...don't get the impression it was boring if you've not seen it yet. I give thanks for filling a gap in a corner where ancient plasterboard fails to meet even older wall and for putting undercoat on a few feet of picture rail and skirting. This, I understand has contributed to the tiredness but it's contributed to getting the sitting room finished too. I give thanks for nice easy things to eat, and for making and esting them. I give thanks that Bob is booking some tickets to come and visit at Christmas time... I give thanks that my blog has had so few visitors today so few people realise how lame my posts have been. I give thanks I've thought of enough things to be grateful for for now and can start thinking about getting ready for a quick shower and those pretty pajamas! Bliss.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angel, Like you I live alone but unlike you I think I am quite healthy. I'm 65 and for some strange reason I seem to be a loner. I am sociable, can converse on any topic but seem unable to let people get close and seem to panic if they expect things of me. I am thinking of re decorating my living room in the sort of shabby chic manner. I am on a very limited budget so my efforts would mainly be renovating charity shop finds, I think I am doing this to stop myself from going mad from isolation. I do hope Bob stays with you for a while over the Christmas period. I also hope that I can be half as brave as you are Angel...sometimes I think I will die of lonliness.

    Maggie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your heart felt comment Maggie. I do wonder who I'm decorating for sometimes, when so few people come around but it's important to remember that even though (so far!) we've not met the right people to make the right connections with it doesn't mean we're not worth nice surroundings. Even more so perhaps as we've more time to gaze around if we're not gazing into other people's eyes, ha ha! Do to yourself as you would have others do to you...that's my motto!

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics