Saturday 9 July 2011

Ag inners

Well, you might have thought my first happiness of the day might have been a bit lame so how about this one for the second? Realising how much better I am at cleaning than my ex-cleaner ha ha! For one thing I actually get in the bath so I can reach the tiles up the wall behind not just dab around the bits to hand. Perhaps this is beyond the call of duty for a cleaner these days...used to do it when I was one though! Also I clean the outside of the sink and the loo as well as the insides, dry surfaces as well as wet them, take off the vacuum end so I can get right up to the corners of the floors and run along the skirtings too. OK, I can only do a short session at a time but much more productively and in the long run more quickly too. It doesn't take me two minutes to get one stainless steel canister shiny again for instance, twenty seconds will do. Plus I put things back where they actually go not where I think is better as they were in the best place in the first place 'actually'.

This rant may convince you I'm a cantankerous old bat who doesn't deserve help with her dirty work anyway. I refer you to my spokesperson for comment on this. Butler's the name, Rhett Butler!

Thirdly, my free facepack from Lush to make up for them being out of stock of my favourite is absolutely...um...what's the word? Oh yes...Lush! It's virtually indistinguishable from the one they didn't have. Obviously if I'd known that I'd just have bought the replacement which would have meant they missed the opportunity for good customer service and I'd have missed a free face mask. Ideal!

2 comments:

  1. Well done... you sound like a different person today, one with loads of energy and looks like you will be better off in all ways without the ex-cleaner.
    I have worked in lots of jobs to make ends meet some times and loved my cleaning jobs, i couldn't believe i was getting paid to do some thing i did for free at home.
    Hope you enjoy your lovely sparkling home this weekend and get some time to finish a bit of the tree.
    Love Debbie.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I myself have been busy in the house today, something i'm ashamed to say I have'nt done for a while....well i've washed the dishes and hoovered round, but today.......I actualy pulled the bed out and found a pair of fleecy jamas, so I know I have'nt cleaned behind there since winter!! shocking I know, time to get myself sorted I think,
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics