Tuesday 26 July 2011

Mid Whales

Busy with (mostly tedious) things and my head's all over the place today...just realised I hadn't posted any thankfulnesses yet!

Frustration notwithstanding I am grateful for feeling relatively well at the moment...for having aching muscles because I've used them, for having a yearning to make them ache again when I've recovered a little. Years ago I walked from Little London in mid Wales to the big one that's the capital of the country by rambling routes...302 miles I think it was...and no, I wasn't home in time for tea!

Frustration notwothstanding I'm also grateful for wanderlust which has taken me so many lovely places and still pops off to them now and beckons me enticingly. People have suggested coach trips but I haven't found any that go from near here and are less than a week. A week would be too much for me...having to get up early for a full English and driving to scenic towns and shopping outlets before the nightly entertainment.

I'm wondering if I could get to Portsmouth and get on a two day whale and dolphin seeking trip with Brittany Ferries. I used to go with them to Santander quite often and absolutely loved having sea all around on the way and eat if and when you want self service. Some people's idea of hell I know but a good deal more like heaven to me than the full English option

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angel,busy driving day today, took my granddaughter aged 10 to Exeter airport for her trip to Spain to visit her dad for a month. Whilst she is away her bedroom will be redecorated to her choice, and I have the job of wall papering one feature wall with paper she has chosen.
    There is a coach that runs the length of the south coast from Plymouth which must take in Portsmouth enroute. There is a train that leaves Penzance around 8am Monday to Friday that goes without changes to Portsmouth, I used to cath it to Southampton when still teaching my craft subject in Adult Education on Saturday workshops, and stayed with a friend for a long weekend. Thinking your Santander trip! Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete

Web Statistics